Postgraduate Department of English, KAHM Unity Women’s College, Manjeri, is organizing a UGC Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Popular Culture and Literature’ during the third week of June 2015. Papers are invited from Postgraduate students who are interested in participating in the seminar.
Theme and objective of the National Seminar
Scholars have always been preoccupied with the interrelation between Literature and Popular Culture. The National Seminar on Popular Culture and Literature for P G students would focus on the influence and transitions that have occurred due to various social, cultural, political, economic, and religious changes in the global arena, and their representations in literature and popular culture. Participants are encouraged to explore the uncertainties, anxieties, and complexities of our times and their representation in the recent developments in literary and artistic articulations. The objective of the seminar is to create a platform for P G students to share experiences about the interconnectedness, intertextuality, resistance and seamless possibilities of new horizons of literature. It also aims at a meaningful discussion among professionals involved in the teaching of literature and language.
- Popular Culture and Films.
- Conflict in Popular Culture
- Mythology in Popular Culture
- Artificial Intelligence in Popular Culture
- Cultural Impact in Popular Culture
- Popular Culture & Science Fiction
- Popular culture and Women
- Popular culture and Advertisement
- Children and Popular Culture
- Popular Culture and Public Space
- Popular Culture and Education
- Pop Culture and representations
- Popular Literature and Resistance
- Revisionist Strategy and Popular Culture
- Countering Hegemonic Discourses and Popular Culture
- Popular Culture and Humour
- Popular Fiction and Film Adaptations
- Intertextuality in Popular Culture
- Popular Culture and Music
Coordinator: Reena. C. M I contact: 9995141818